Coronavirus: Check out our additional security measures!
Fluvius System Operator cv is the independent company that is responsible for
- building, managing and maintaining the distribution grids for electricity and natural gas in all 300 Flemish municipalities
- managing the public lighting in all 300 Flemish municipalities
- building, managing and maintaining the sewerage system in 85 Flemish municipalities
- managing the cable distribution network in 103 Flemish municipalities
- building district heating grids
- the duties of a social supplier of energy
- the promotion of the rartional use of energy and water
- and supporting Flemish local authorities in their drive towards more energy efficiency and obtaining the climate objectives.
Fluvius is carrying out these activities on behalf and for the account of 11 intermunicipal companies (‘intermunicipalities’): Fluvius Antwerpen, Fluvius Limburg, Fluvius West, Gaselwest, Imewo, Intergem, Iveg, Iveka, Iverlek, PBE, Riobra and Sibelgas. These 11 intermunicipal companies are at the same time Fluvius System Operator cvba’s shareholders.
Our subsidiaries are Atrias (50%), De Stroomlijn (64%) and Synductis (33%).
The Fluvius Economic Group consists of Fluvius System Operator cv, wit hits consolidated subsidiaries, and the 11 intermunicipalities.