Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at Fluvius
Especially for a company such as Fluvius, which is wholly owned by local authorities, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is a vital instrument for implementing our mission. As a company, we are responsible for the impact of our activities on our environment. That is why we have laid down our CSR commitments in our Fluvius CSR charter.
CSR at Fluvius
Fluvius System Operator cv has embedded Corporate Social Responsibility into its corporate strategy. We clearly focus on the following strategical objectives:
- To take up a (co)steering role in light of the realization of the climate objectives
- To bring about a ‘great place to work’
- To take into account ethical, environmental and social aspects in our decision-making process
- To take care of safety
To be more concrete, in the recent past both Fluvius paid a lot of attention and energy on sustainable mobility solutions, the facilitation of renewable energy on the distribution grids, and energy efficiency. In 2017, Fluvius (ex-Eandis) was awarded the Prime Status by the eminent sustainability rating agency oekom research for its policies and results in the field of corporate responsibility.
A few examples of our CSR performances:
- Each proposal for decision by the Board of Directors and the Management Committee is not only evaluated on its financial and technical merits, but is also screened on its impact on environmental, social and ethical aspects;
- The efforts by our employees for sustainable mobility are translated into the planting of new forest; we have already planted a total of 20 hectares of new forest, which corresponds to an annual carbon savings of 544 tonnes; we aim at 25 hectares and 680 tonnes of CO2 saved by the end of 2019;
- On 9 of our administrative buildings solar panels have been installed; they generated 852 863 kWh in 2018;
- In our own fleet we have already integrated 66 environmentally-friendly vehicles (electric and CNG);
- Our carbon emission target is a reduction by 20% by the end of 2020 (compared to the base year 2008) ;
- Our Global Environmental Plan which covers a five-year period, is put into practice by annual Environmental Actions Plans;
- By 2030, we will switch the entire municipal grid for public lighting in Flanders to LED technology.